SMALL GROUP ADVENTURES IN JAPAN
Looking for that sweet spot between independent backpacking and a package holiday?
Travelling as part of a Small Group tour has its perks. There are local expert tour leaders to take the hassle out of travel arrangements and show you the sights, plus a group of like-minded travellers to share the fun with. All you have to do is turn up with a smile and a passport
Groups are small, normally 8-16 people, meaning the trips aren’t disruptive to the places we visit, and a smaller number creates a good group dynamic; you’ll get to know a range of people from different backgrounds with a shared interest in travel.
Got the urge for adventure, but no-one to do it with? Over half of the travellers on Small Group trips are travelling solo.
Ready to say Konnichiwa to Japan?
Famed for futuristic cities, ancient traditions, drool-worthy food and outstanding natural beauty, Japan is a country that will bring all your senses to life and send you home wanting more.
Learn to roll sushi, wield a sword like a Samurai, fall in love with enchanted castles or spend the night in the company of monks in a 1000-year-old Buddhist temple.
Whatever it is that draws you to Japan, let us take you there.
World Class Adventures has access to the best tour operators and will tailor the perfect holiday just for you.
Nowhere on the planet do the modern and the ancient coexist more harmoniously than in Japan.
Kimono-clad ladies chatter on futuristic phones while blurring by on the fastest trains in the world; thousand-year-old Zen temples are dwarfed by skyscrapers, and neon signs are reflected in flooded green rice paddies.
On the surface, Japan appears exceedingly modern, but travelling around it offers numerous opportunities to connect with the country's traditional culture.
- Spend the night in a ryokan (traditional Japanese inn), sleeping on futons and tatami mats,
- Meditate with monks or learn how to whisk their bitter matcha tea.
- Enjoy the splendour of a Kyoto geisha dance
- Relax in the spare beauty of a Zen rock garden
- From hearty hotpots in the mountains to delicate sushi by the sea, Japanese cuisine has great regional variations.
- Japan is over two-thirds mountains, with bubbling hot springs at every turn.
- In the warmer months, there is excellent hiking, through cedar groves and fields of wildflowers, up to soaring peaks and ancient shrines.
- In the winter, all this is covered with snow and the skiing is world-class. Meanwhile, in the southern reaches, there are tropical beaches for sunning, snorkelling and diving.
Japan is incredibly easy to get around and these days we're seeing and hearing more English all over. But if getting off the beaten track and outside your comfort zone is what you're after, you can have that experience, too.
With 30 years of Adventure Travel experience, World Class Adventures select operators who deliver the best possible holidays for our customers. We remain independent and have the flexibility to provide you with the best package to suit your specific needs and budget. We search the whole market to find the best deals for every aspect of your trip so that you don’t have to, providing honest and impartial advice
Don’t just see the world. Make it better. Our planet‘s social and environmental welfare is important to us both as a business and as human beings. When you travel with us, you’re giving back as much as you take away. We strive to use ethical operators who support the local communities we visit, and carbon offset every flight we sell.
Contact us today to start planning your exciting itinerary. Complete an enquiry form or call us on 0117 452 1159!