SMALL GROUP ADVENTURES IN GUATEMALA
Looking for that sweet spot between independent backpacking and a package holiday?
Travelling as part of a Small Group tour has its perks. There are local expert tour leaders to take the hassle out of travel arrangements and show you the sights, plus a group of like-minded travellers to share the fun with. All you have to do is turn up with a smile and a passport
Groups are small, normally 8-16 people, meaning the trips aren’t disruptive to the places we visit, and a smaller number creates a good group dynamic; you’ll get to know a range of people from different backgrounds with a shared interest in travel.
Got the urge for adventure, but no-one to do it with? Over half of the travellers on Small Group trips are travelling solo.
Central America’s most diverse country captivates travellers with its extraordinary landscapes and a civilization-spanning culture that reaches back centuries.
Smoking volcanoes, iconic chicken buses, and a sea of tapestries... with the Mayan culture, dramatic geography, and gorgeous colonial cities, for some, Guatemala is the quintessential Central American experience.
Incredible Antigua has been impeccably restored in all its rubble and glory... From crater lakes to the ruins of Tikal, it's a miracle Guatemala is still off the radar for so many. Let's hope it stays that way.
- Boat-hop between the villages on the edge of the shimmering blue waters of Lake Atitlan
- Visit Mayan temples in Tikal, and climb to the top for an unforgettable sunrise, before the crowds arrive
- Swim in the clear waters of Semuc Champey’s limestone pools connected by a cascading river and surrounded by jungle
- Explore the cobblestone streets lined with old colonial buildings in Antigua, overlooked by 3 volcanoes
- Learn Spanish whilst experiencing local life on a homestay in Quetzaltenango
- Visit Monterrico Nature Reserve, and see the protected mangrove forests and sea turtles
- Hang out in Livingston, amongst the brightly painted wooden houses in the jungle and coconut groves, Guatemala's Caribbean Coast
GUATEMALA HAS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Guatemala is a land of tropical jungles, active volcanoes, mountain lakes, mountain cloud forests, volcanic beaches and coral reefs. Weaving is a popular business with a rainbow of colours found in the villagers' hand-woven clothes, each indigenous village has its own unique pattern and colour. The ancient ruins of Tikal provide a look at Mayan culture with plazas, an acropolis, pyramids, temples and a museum
- Relax and find solitude in a hammock on the beach
- Stock up on traditional weaving in Chichicastenango’s colourful markets
- White-water raft down the river
- Hike through the jungles and boat down the rivers to see species such as the iguana, sea turtle, crocodile, snake, howler, stork, spider monkey, ape, tapir, puma, jaguar, deer, ocelot, monkey, scarlet macaw, and peccary
- Try your hand at kayaking, scuba diving, hiking, zip-lining, mountain biking and a host of hiking and swimming spots
With 30 years of Adventure Travel experience, World Class Adventures select operators who deliver the best possible holidays for our customers. We remain independent and have the flexibility to provide you with the best package to suit your specific needs and budget. We search the whole market to find the best deals for every aspect of your trip so that you don’t have to, providing honest and impartial advice
Don’t just see the world. Make it better. Our planet‘s social and environmental welfare is important to us both as a business and as human beings. When you travel with us, you’re giving back as much as you take away. We strive to use ethical operators who support the local communities we visit, and carbon offset every flight we sell.
Contact us today to start planning your exciting itinerary. Complete an enquiry form or call us on 0117 452 1159!