SMALL GROUP ADVENTURES IN SOUTHERN EUROPE
Looking for that sweet spot between independent backpacking and a package holiday?
Travelling as part of a Small Group tour has its perks. There are local expert tour leaders to take the hassle out of travel arrangements and show you the sights, plus a group of like-minded travellers to share the fun with. All you have to do is turn up with a smile and a passport
Groups are small, normally 8-16 people, meaning the trips aren’t disruptive to the places we visit, and a smaller number creates a good group dynamic; you’ll get to know a range of people from different backgrounds with a shared interest in travel.
Got the urge for adventure, but no-one to do it with? Over half of the travellers on Small Group trips are travelling solo.
With a Mediterranean climate, Southern Europe is a popular destination among Europeans and travellers who seek the pristine body of water, easy-going vibe and warm climate, a great place to escape the cold wind of Spring and Autumn.
There’s a little of everything in Southern Europe from scoping out historical cities in Spain to chilling on cliffside beaches in Portugal to eating & drinking yourself into a coma in Italy or island hopping in Greece.
Southern Europe has an amazing variety of destinations which are perfect for adventure!
World Class Adventures has access to the best tour operators and will tailor the perfect holiday just for you.
- Italy is home to some of the world’s finest museums and artwork and presents the history of Western civilization more than any other single destination.
- Don’t forget that for every overcrowded destination like Rome, Florence, and Venice there’s a lesser-known gem where crowds are sparse, food is plenty, wine flows freely, and all the simple pleasures in life run deep.
- For its relatively small physical stature, Portugal can pack quite a wallop with all that it’s got to offer.
- The cities of Lisbon and Porto are perpetual favourites but it’s outside of these obvious name drops that you’ll find the best of this Southern European country.
- With a long history of marauders and invaders spinning through, Portugal was left with a deluge of historical gems in towns like Belém, Évora, and Tomar. Mixed in with jaw-dropping peaks of the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Gerês or the sprawling vineyards of the Douro Valley, this is one country that needs your attention.
- Spain is a fascinating country and is one of Europe’s genuine must-sees.
- Make sure to spend some time in Barcelona, don’t just dash through to tick it off your list
- Explore Spain’s cultural heartland, Madrid to experience the greatness of Spanish civilization, or head towards Spain’s southern shores through the cities and town of Andalusia to discover Spain’s most alluring charms.
With 30 years of Adventure Travel experience, World Class Adventures select operators who deliver the best possible holidays for our customers. We remain independent and have the flexibility to provide you with the best package to suit your specific needs and budget. We search the whole market to find the best deals for every aspect of your trip so that you don’t have to, providing honest and impartial advice
Don’t just see the world. Make it better. Our planet‘s social and environmental welfare is important to us both as a business and as human beings. When you travel with us, you’re giving back as much as you take away. We strive to use ethical operators who support the local communities we visit, and carbon offset every flight we sell.
Contact us today to start planning your exciting itinerary. Complete an enquiry form or call us on 0117 452 1159!