ADVENTURES IN THE POLAR REGIONS
Antarctica, home to the South Pole, is 5 MILLION square miles of uninhabited pristine wilderness, whilst the Arctic Circle includes the North Pole region and several islands. Made up of tundra and ice, and surrounded by oceans, both destinations are rich in wildlife with staggeringly beautiful glaciers
With many towns and cities within the Arctic circle in Finland and Norway, it’s possible to see some of what the region has to offer without taking a more expensive cruise. However, if you really want to see the ice and the polar bears in their natural habitat, then a cruise is the best and only way to do it.
- Learn about the indigenous groups who make their home in the Arctic, including the Inuit, Saami, and Siberian peoples.
- Experience the phenomenon of the midnight sun or the 24 hours of darkness during winters.
- Wonder at spectacular light shows: the northern lights (aurora borealis) and southern lights (aurora Australis).
- Visit the breath-taking, otherworldly whiteness of the Antarctic desert, and sail past stunningly translucent blue ice or snow-white sculptures
- Photograph the rich sea life of Antarctica, from walruses to seals and wonder at the size of the humpback whales as they dive into the deep krill-rich waters
- In the Arctic, see the majestic but endangered Polar Bear, as well as wolves, foxes, hares and reindeer, and birds
- Giggle at the comical puffins and their gallant but ungainly attempts to land on the water.
Whatever it is that draws you to the polar regions, let us take you there!
Book the perfect adventure to the polar regions. Complete an enquiry form here or call us on 0117 452 1159
THE POLAR REGIONS HAVE SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
In both regions, the biggest wildlife draw must be penguins and polar bears, and the stunning landscapes, but there are more adventurous activities than you might think:
- On polar expeditions, leave the main ships to visit land via Zodiac boats, or take a more adventurous trip to the permanently ice-covered poles themselves.
- You are almost guaranteed to see all five seal species: the Antarctic fur seal, elephant, Weddell, leopard and crabeater.
- Try your hand at Kayaking, snowmobiling and trekking. Some intrepid travels even enjoy scuba diving.
- There are visits to historic Antarctic expedition sites, walking and – for the brave – camping overnight on the tundra.
To preserve these desolately beautiful terrains, numbers need to be limited, and great care must be taken by the tour operators not to pollute or damage them. They both also require ships and crews of experts to get visitors there and back in safety.
With 30 years of adventure travel experience, world class adventures select operators who deliver the best possible holidays for our customers. We remain independent and have the flexibility to provide you with the best package to suit your specific needs and budget. We search the whole market to find the best deals for every aspect of your trip so that you don’t have to, providing honest and impartial advice
Don’t just see the world. Make it better. Our planet‘s social and environmental welfare is important to us both as a business and as human beings. When you travel with us, you’re giving back as much as you take away. We strive to use ethical operators who support the local communities we visit, and carbon offset every flight we sell.
Contact us today to start planning your exciting itinerary. Complete an enquiry form here or call us on 0117 452 1159!