ADVENTURES IN THE ARCTIC
Midnight sun, ethereal natural light shows and preening polar bears – welcome to the edge of the map! Journey to this astounding and isolated frozen Arctic region and marvel at incredible ice shapes, then search for polar bear, walrus, arctic fox and seal. Sail through the stunning glacial scenery that surrounds the arctic tundra.
A trip to the Arctic is a once-in-a-lifetime experience you’ll never forget.
Leave civilisation behind and go in search of
- Join an expedition voyage around Svalbard to experience the wilderness of the Arctic Ocean.
- Cruise through a sea of icebergs and keep a lookout for arctic wildlife resting on ice floes.
- Explore majestic fjords where glaciers meet the ocean and step ashore to uncover rare flora and fauna existing in the bleak tundra.
- Visit the world's northernmost active volcano, Jan Mayen, and hike around the island to spot whale, dolphin and giant glaciers.
- Cross the fertile plains of a polar bear migration trail and experience the warm welcome of local Inuit people in remote Greenland settlements.
Whatever it is that draws you to The Arctic, let us take you there!
Book the perfect adventure to The Arctic. Complete an enquiry form here or call us on 0117 452 1159
THE ARCTIC IS COMPLETELY UNIQUE
High summer is prime time for seeing wildlife. Seabirds nest in their millions on sea cliffs in the Svalbard archipelago, while geese, swans and Arctic terns raise their young on the open tundra. Camouflaged in their brown summer coats, egg-raiding Arctic foxes are on the prowl, while polar bears can be seen foraging, and stalking seals. Walruses are frequently encountered and there’s also a good chance of spotting humpback, minke, fin and blue whales, plus narwhal, orca and beluga.
During shore excursions, via kayak from the ship, you’ll be able to tiptoe through the tundra, observing the profusion of delicate Arctic flowers that need to bloom and set seed during the brief Arctic summer.
With 30 years of Adventure Travel experience, World Class Adventures select operators who deliver the best possible holidays for our customers. We remain independent and have the flexibility to provide you with the best package to suit your specific needs and budget. We search the whole market to find the best deals for every aspect of your trip so that you don’t have to, providing honest and impartial advice
Don’t just see the world. Make it better. Our planet‘s social and environmental welfare is important to us both as a business and as human beings. When you travel with us, you’re giving back as much as you take away. We strive to use ethical operators who support the local communities we visit, and carbon offset every flight we sell.
Contact us today to start planning your exciting itinerary. Complete an enquiry form or call us on 0117 452 1159!